Warning:

Warning: The following blog entries may contain foul language, asexuality, violent content, strange ways of thinking, and other kinds a strange stuff. If you have troubles with any of the above or anything you read then I would strongly advise you leave. If you have any complaints or problems feel free to make your own blog. If you read on and still have problems or just don't like what you are reading get over yourself.
Other then that please enjoy!

Monday, April 4, 2011

Some Generalizations That I Find Assuming and Offensive.

Dear Readers,
Today as I was surfing the vast sea of the internet I came across a rather, laughable topic about asexuality that I decided needed to be blogged about. A group of people were trying to figure out what made a person become asexual. Also they tried coming up with a stereotype for asexual.
For one thing, I didn't realize that there was enough asexual people to even have a stereotype. Nor that there was a definite cause of asexuality.
Saying that there is any one cause of being asexual is like saying that there is a one cause of being straight or homosexual or bi-sexual or any other orientation that I have neglected to mention. There has been no proven one cause of anything really. Even if we gathered all of the brightest people in the world into one room I dont think we could come up with one true cause. I'm just sayin.
Now as for stereotypes. All of them BLOW! Society just wants us to put people into boxes and try to categorize everything and everyone. In my humble opinion stereotypes need to be destroyed. Everyone has within them their own unique personality and traits. Something that is good for one is not good for others. I say that people who put others into boxes, should be left to their own devices, because they are obviously to naive or ignorant to be taken seriously.
To conclude, people can be really stupid when they try to put things into categories when things are better left unsaid or things better left undone. But then again, just sayin.
Sincerly,
Sarah

4 comments:

  1. From a psychological standpoint, humans use stereotypes to generalize a group because we don't really have the brainpower to look at the outgroup as people.

    But psychology aside, I agree with you. It just takes work to conquer these stereotypes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stereotypes work to benefit us. In many cases it is more beneficial than not.

    There is a fine line between categorization and stereotyping. People often confuse the two when discussing the benefits of putting "items" into categories. It drives me nuts!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not enough asexuals to stereotype? Surely you mean openly asexual people, as I am certain there are many asexual people, and many more who are asexual without knowing it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you for pointing that out. Yes I do mean Openly Asexual people.

    ReplyDelete